Vegan Cauliflower ‘Wings’ with Avocado Cream
These crispy snacks are plant-based and won’t weigh you down. Choose your favorite Private Selection™ sauce to make these ‘wings’ your way.
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 40 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 4 cups cauliflower florets, about 1 small head or ½ large head
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup Bob's Red Mill Brown Rice Flour, Divided
- 1/2 teaspoon Private Selection™ Turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon Private Selection™ Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Private Selection™ Roasted California Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons Simple Truth™ Coconut Oil, melted
- 1/2 cup Private Selection™ Thai Chili, Hot Mandarin, or Gochujang Wing Sauce, or Kroger® Wing Sauce
- Kroger® Nonstick Coconut Oil Spray
- 1 ripe avocado
- 8 ounces coconut milk
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery, cut into sticks
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Spread 2 tablespoons of the melted coconut oil over a large sheet tray.
- Whisk ½ cup of the brown rice flour together with the water and add the turmeric, paprika and garlic powder. In a separate bowl whisk the remaining ½ cup brown rice flour with the salt and pepper.
- Dip the cauliflower florets first in the water/flour mixture and then toss in the dry mixture to coat and place on the oiled baking sheet. Repeat this process with all the cauliflower florets. Place tray on the middle rack in the oven and roast for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, using a spatula, turn the cauliflower over to brown the other side. Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. Whisk the remaining melted coconut oil into the wing sauce in a small bowl and pour over the cauliflower once it has roasted for another 10 minutes on the other side. Roast for 10-15 minutes until the sauce has been absorbed and the cauliflower is golden brown.
- Make the avocado sauce by blending the avocado, coconut milk, lime zest and juice together in a blender until smooth. Stir in half of the green onions and sprinkle the remaining green onion over the baked cauliflower and serve with celery sticks.