Tres Leches Cupcakes
A dairy blend is used to soak vanilla cupcakes for a dessert that’s both refreshing and rich.
Serves: 12Prep: 35 minutesCook: 1 hour 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Kroger® Pure Vanilla Extract, divided
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup Kroger® Heavy Cream
- 4 teaspoons powdered sugar
- Ground cinnamon, for garnish
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 12 standard cupcake cups with liners; set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl beat butter and sugar until combined. Add eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla; continue beating until light and fluffy. Add flour mixture, beating on low, until just combined. Add milk and beat until smooth and well mixed.
- Evenly divide batter between prepared cupcake cups. Bake 18-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand in pan 5 minutes. Remove to a cooling rack; cool completely.
- Meanwhile whisk together half and half, sweetened condensed milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla; set aside.
- Poke cooled cupcakes all over with a skewer. Slowly pour half and half mixture over each cupcake, allowing it to soak into the cake before adding more.
- In a chilled bowl beat together whipping cream, powdered sugar and ½ teaspoon vanilla until stiff peaks form. Frost each cup cake with whipped cream. Sprinkle with ground cinnamon if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
- Tip: Cupcakes can also be garnished with fresh berries if desired.