Spicy Fish Tacos with Creamy Cilantro Slaw
Homemade cilantro and lime slaw will take your tacos to a zesty new level!
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 pound boneless, skinless cod fillets, thawed if frozen
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fajita (or cajun) seasoning
- 1 package (14 oz.) coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 12 corn tortillas, warmed
- 2 avocados, sliced
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Pat fish dry and gently coat with oil and seasoning mix. Place on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake 12-15 minutes until fish flakes easily and internal temperature reaches 145°F. Break into pieces.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl mix together coleslaw, cilantro, onion, mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice and salt. Adjust seasoning to taste and set aside.
- To serve, fill tortillas with slaw, top with fish pieces and avocado slices.
- Refrigerate leftovers.