Slow-Cooked Chicken Noodle Soup
Made right in your slow cooker, this hearty and warming chicken noodle soup is the ultimate comfort meal.
Prep: 20 minutesCook: 8 hoursTotal: 8 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Simple Truth Organic™ Thin Sliced Chicken Breasts
- 6 stalks Simple Truth Organic™ Celery Hearts, chopped into ½”
- 6 whole carrots, chopped into ½” pieces
- 1⁄2 white onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 Simple Truth Organic™ Turkish Bay Leaves
- 2 cartons (32 oz. each) Simple Truth Organic™ Chicken Broth
- 2 cups egg noodles
- 2 cubes frozen peas
- In slow cooker, combine chicken, celery, carrots, onion, garlic powder, oregano, salt, pepper, bay leaves and chicken broth. Stir well. Cook on low 7 hours 30 minutes (safe internal temperature of chicken is 165°F).
- Remove chicken to plate; shred using two forks. Return to slow cooker. Add egg noodles and peas; stir well. Continue cooking 30 minutes on low. Discard bay leaves. Refrigerate leftovers.