Roasted Beef Tenderloin
This recipe is as simple as it is tasty—— in a word, extremely. You can add as much dry sherry as you like and it can only enhance the flavors in the meat.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. beef tenderloin, trimmed
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 1 Tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place tenderloin into a shallow baking pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- In a skillet, sauté the onion in the olive oil over medium heat. Add the sherry, soy sauce, mustard, salt, and pepper. Bring to boil and cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour the mixture over the tenderloin and reduce oven temperature to 325°F. Bake for 20 minutes, basting occasionally.