Crustless Bacon and Bell Pepper Quiche
This quiche is extra easy because there is no crust, but it is just as impressive. Feel free to use whatever shredded cheese you like and any extra vegetables you want. Cooked and drained spinach or sautéed mushrooms would make great additions!
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 medium orange bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 8 strips thick-cup bacon, cooked and chopped
- ½ cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 8 large eggs
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 375 °F. Lightly spray a 9" pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the bell pepper and onion and cook until just softened, about 5 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat and allow vegetables to cool.
- Place cooked vegetables in the prepared pie dish, then layer bacon and both cheeses over top. Set aside.
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl with cream, salt, and pepper. Pour egg mixture into pie pan. Bake for 45 minutes until quiche is puffed all over and a thin knife inserted into center of quiche comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes. Garnish with chopped chives before serving.