Cheesy and Spicy Corn Dish
This corn dish is great for the holiday season and can be made as spicy as you like. Add extra jalapenos or top with your favorite hot sauce to increase the heat.
Serves: 6Prep: 30 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 package (12 oz.) Kroger Super Sweet Corn
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 3 tablespoons pickled jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Green onions, sliced, to serve
- Sriracha sauce, to serve
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add the corn, bell pepper, onion, fresh jalapeno and pickled jalapeno. Sauté until tender.
- Add the remaining 3 tablespoons butter and cream cheese to the skillet. Stir until smooth and creamy. Stir in ¾ cup of cheddar cheese, then season with salt and pepper. Pour into a 1½ quart casserole dish and top with remaining ¼ cup cheddar cheese.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, until bubbly. Serve with green onions and sriracha sauce, if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers.