Caprese Salmon Over Pasta
Balsamic-glazed roasted salmon is topped with cherry tomatoes, mini mozzarella balls and basil for a twist on fish like you’ve never seen before. Even better: fish signifies good luck for the new year.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tablespoons Kroger® Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 (4 oz. each) salmon fillets, about 1” thick
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 ounces linguine
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 6 ounces mozzarella
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 ounces Kroger® Cream Cheese, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place salmon into a baking dish. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Top with salmon with tomatoes and mozzarella. Bake until salmon is flaky, about 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook the linguine according to package directions. Drain, reserving ½ cup cooking liquid.
- Return linguine to the pot. Toss linguine with sour cream and cream cheese, stirring until cream cheese melts. Add some pasta water, if needed.
- Divide pasta among 4 plates and top with salmon mixture. Garnish with basil and serve.