Bean Chili with Meatless Crumbles
Featuring meatless crumbles, beans, tomatoes and numerous seasonings, this chili is so flavorful you won’t miss the beef.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 40 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 15 ounces Simple Truth Organic™ Vegetable Broth
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (vegetarian)
- 2 cans (15 oz.) Simple Truth Organic™ Diced Tomatoes
- 1 package Simple Truth™ Meatless Crumbles
- 1 can (15 oz.) Simple Truth Organic™ Great Northern Beans, drained
- Coarse salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven or a large pot over medium heat. Cook onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, cayenne, paprika and brown sugar, stirring until onions begin to soften and spices become aromatic, about 7 minutes.
- Add broth, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce and tomatoes and bring to a boil. Stir in veggie crumbles and reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer for at least 30 minutes, longer if you have time.
- Fold in beans; add salt and pepper to taste and heat thoroughly.
- To serve, top chili with red onion, cheese and cilantro.