Apple Face Cider
This hot cider is perfect to enjoy throughout the fall and the apple faces make it perfect for Halloween!
Serves: 8Prep: 15 minutesCook: 1 hourTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 3 cups cranberry juice
- 3 cups apple juice
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Kroger® Lemon Juice
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 5 slices fresh ginger, each about ⅛” thick
- 1⁄4 teaspoon whole cloves
- 2 small Granny Smith apples
- In 3-quart saucepan, heat all ingredients except apples to a simmer. Cover and simmer 30-60 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut about ½” from top and bottom of each apple. Peel and cut center portion of each apple crosswise into 4 slices.
- With sharp knife, cut eyes and mouth out of apple slices.
- Place apple slices in bottoms of 8 mugs. Ladle cider into mugs.