Vitacost Certified Organic Gluten Free Amaranth Flour
From the Greek word for “unfading flower,” amaranth dates back almost 8,000 years. Actually a seed of the amaranth plant, it is known for growing quickly and thriving in difficult circumstances. The flowers remain bright and colorful long after they’ve dried, perpetuating a myth of the plant’s immortality. When Spanish conquistadors attempted to control the Aztec people, they tried to wipe out amaranth, which was a staple of the Aztec diet. But the resilient, nearly indestructible plant lived on—much to our benefit today.
You can reap its benefits in Vitacost® Certified Organic Amaranth Flour. A fine powder made from the ground seeds with a slightly sweet and nutty flavor, amaranth flour has become increasingly popular for its use in gluten-free recipes. A good source of fiber and iron, amaranth flour complements other vegan and plant-based foods.
What’s in it for you?
- 0 g trans fat
- 5 g protein per ¼-cup serving
- 3 g fiber per ¼-cup serving
Cooking & baking tips:
- Substitute 25% conventional flour with amaranth flour in gluten-free baking.
- The powder is quite absorbent, so you may need to add more water or other wet ingredients, such as applesauce.
- Combine with other gluten-free flours or starches to make breads, cookies, pancakes and more
- Use amaranth flour on its own for breading or to thicken sauces, stews, soups or even smoothies.
Vitacost® food products are manufactured to high standards of quality and safety. Each Vitacost® product meets or exceeds the standards and requirements set forth in the FDA’s Code of Federal Regulation (21 CFR, 110) Current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP).
Organic Amaranth Flour .
Free from Does Not Contain Declaration Obligatory Allergens.
Actual product packaging and materials may contain additional and/or different ingredient, nutritional, or proper usage information than the information displayed on our website. ...
Ratings and Reviews
Metro Market is not responsible for the content provided in customer ratings and reviews. For more information, visit our Terms and Conditions.